28 January 2010

blender assignment 02



So, I watched the tutorial videos at first, and tried to create a similar simulation in Blender. When I tested it, some of the dominoes would bounce back and forth; I have yet to determine why.



Despite this bizarre error, I decided to try to make a more creative attempt at the assignment. I made a steep terrain with trees at the bottom, and rocks floating at the top. I used the boolean tools to make various shapes and sculpted them to make the objects.




I set up the scene, and hit the preview button… Unfortunately, the results were not as interesting as I'd hoped. My terrain was to rough for the trees to stand on, and consequently, many of them fell down right away. Also, the rocks were too heavy and didn't bounce off the terrain quite enough. Still, it was interesting to mess with the physics in an environment. I definitely need to spend more time trying to understand this feature, but I don't think it was a terrible start.

Unfortunately, I don't have an animation to post. I had way too many vertices in my project, and it couldn't render. So I'll have to keep it much simpler next time. :)

Larin!

No comments:

Post a Comment